Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fiesta Time!

This week I worked hard so I allowed myself to "play hard!" I had two exams and a paper due Monday and Tuesday, but then Wednesday was a Puerto Rican holiday and there was no school! It was Grito de lares, which I am told is celebrated because it was the first time Puerto Rico fought for their independence.

Since my roommate, Yesenia, is only here Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, we hardly ever see each other and we never get to go out and do anything together. So Tuesday night we all went and met up at a little bar on our street to celebrate Grito de lares! Here's (bottom left to right) Kaitlin, Joyanet, me and Yesenia! Above us are some of her friends!


Then, Friday (as usual) we went to the beach, this time in Condado! Condado is the best beach for big waves that we have been to so far. They are the kind knock you over when you're only in ankle-deep!


After the beach we went to a Mexican restaurant in Condado that we heard was good called Tijuana's. The food was tremendous! And they let us wear their hats!
Thats me, Isabel and Joyanet!